Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is an offical ONS (Online Needlework Shop) that is participating in the SYHO Campaign.

I was browsing their website today and found this great design. It is perfect for those who's family serves in the US military. iwth everything that is going on in the world today and the obvious sacrifices that are made, perhaps stithcing this for a loved one would show your appreciation for all they do.

A Wife's Prayer is a design by Linda Stolz, owner of Erica Michaels Needleart Designs.

This is a wonderful piece for any soldier's wife to have on her wall. My husband served in the Army for 15 years. He was sent to many countries, including the middle east, and many times, I had to remind myself that what he was doing was not only protecting and providing for his family, but also for the entire country. The charted poem, brings to light the things that are foremost in a wife's mind while her husband is serving his country and providing for his family.


"Give me greatness of heart to see, the difference between duty & his love for me. Give me understanding so that I may know, when duty calls him, he must go. Give me a task to do each day, to fill the time when he's away. When he's in a foreign land, keep him safe in your loving hand. And Lord, when duty is in the field, please protect him and be his shield. And Lord, when deployment is so long, please stay with me and keep me strong."


Stitch Count: 225w x 156h
This package includes:
A Wife's Prayer chart
The Gentle Art Sampler Thread - Freedom, Old Red Paint
Lakeside Linens 40ct Vintage Magnolia Linen - 18" x 13" cut

No comments:

Post a Comment