It’s a snap.
Step 1: Stitch a bookmark (or two, or three…). Any hand-stitched bookmark counts:
- any pattern (one you purchase or one you make up)
- on any ground (perforated paper, aida, linen, canvas, etc.)
- with any fibers (cotton, silk, metallics, beads, etc.)
- using any needlework technique (cross stitch, blackwork, hardanger, etc.)
If you're participating in the Needle and ThREAD: Stitching for Literacy New Blogger Puzzle Contest,
here's line 7:
H W F V L M S U V M W M X C S N Q S A M,This contest is open to everyone. If this is the first time you're hearing about it, go take a look.
Want to do more?
- Participate in Needle and Thread: Stitching for Literacy events at your local needlework shop and/or library.
- Teach someone how to stitch a bookmark.
- Start a Read-and-Stitch Club.
- Spread the word about the program to your friends and family, on your blog, and in your newsletter.
- Participate on the Needle and Thread: Stitching for Literacy blog.
- Read! And tell us on the blog what you’re reading.