Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wordless Wednesday ~ SamSarah Design Studio

Ok So I know today is Wordless Wednesday but I am making an exception today.  There is NEWS in the cross stitch industry.  A few weeks ago Patti (SamSarah Design Studio) sold her %age stake in Just Another Button Company to focus on her counted thread and quilt designs.  So here's Patti's newest creations and a bit of info about how SamSarah Design Studio came about...

Hip Hop Doubles Series:  Hip Hop Moo
Doubles charts contain both the cross stitch and hand applique versions.
Stitched on Weeks Dye Works 20 count Mocha linen with Caron Collection Watercolours embellished with JABC buttons and placed in an East Side Mouldings frame.
Wool version is created with Weeks Dye Works over-dyed felted wool.


Sadie Stuart is a fictional girl from the early 1800’s and this is her first needlework. Acorn Marking Sampler is stitched on Weeks Dye Works Straw overdyed gingham using The Gentle Art and Weeks Dye Works floss and lots of specialty stitches which are illustrated in the chart. Frame from East Side Mouldings.


Sadie is releasing her second sampler at the Nashville Needlework Market in February.
Introducing Fresh Mesh!

Winter Snowman Tote and Evergreen clutch are stitched directly on Walker mesh bags using three strands of floss from The Gentle Art and Weeks Dye Works. This is a fun stitch on uneven weave nylon mesh that is ready to use when you finish stitching.
NEW! Spring Tote and Clutch releasing at the Nashville Needlework Market.

A Dozen Buzzin’s series of twelve charts stitched individually or all in a row as above. Final chart was released December 2010. Stitched on Weeks Dye Works 30 count Straw linen with Crescent Colours over-dyed cotton floss, embellished with JABC buttons and placed in a frame from East Side Mouldings.

How SamSarah Design Studio started:

A degree in Graphic Design from Iowa State University started my creative career working as an art director and graphic designer all over the United States. After Sam and Sarah were born, I was lucky to be able to stay home with my babies. But I still wanted a bit of creative work. Free-lancing as a quilt designer for a couple of book publishers and magazines fit my schedule. And after the articles were published, I sold the quilts at a wonderful quilt shop in St. Charles, Missouri.

Later with another pre-school mom, Just Another Button Company was formed, and that company expanded beyond our expectations. When a major cross-stitch designer, who used lots of our buttons, became too ill to publish, we knew we had to replace that demand to keep our button makers working. In 1999, I started designing charts with lots of advice and encouragement from our local shop owner, and of course, using lots of JABC buttons. SamSarah Design Studio seemed like the perfect name since I was saving any profits for my kid’s college tuition.

On December 23, 2011, I sold my half of the button company to the co-owner. Now I have time for the things I truly love: my husband and children, friends, lots of stitching and quilting, and when the weather warms up, I’ll finally be able to get outside and put a little order in our garden (but not too much order - I like wildflowers!)

To find out more about SamSarah Design Studio be sure to check out the Loose Thread Stitchers blog HERE, read about SamSarah on Patti's Blog HERE and follow SamSarah on Facebook HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment